The NFL has a lot of strange and interesting stories, some of which are even actually true. What are some of your favorites? Some of the strange stories:
- The only players to catch a pass over the age of forty are Jerry Rice and Brett Farve (who threw it to himself) . Jerry Rice and Brett Favre are the only non-kickers to play in more than 300 games. Brady is currently at 283 and Brees is at 273.
- Two Browns fans developed helmet radios. While they were testing them a police car driving by picked up their signal are asked what they were doing. After hearing their story, the police officer agreed to never tell anyone about it cause he was also a fan.
- The Steelers and Eagles, due to man shortage caused by WW2, once combined to become the Steagles.
- You can fair catch a kickoff and then attempt a field goal from that spot. The defense has to start 10 yards away and you dont have to hike the ball, just kinda kick it.
- Frank Reich, a career back up, once held the record for both the greatest comback in college football and greatest comeback in the NFL. He still holds the record for the NFL. He is also the only QB to be undefeated in the playoffs with multiple starts
- Steve Young is the only left-handed quarterback in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Bruce Arians is the first white Virginia Tech football player to share a room with a black roomate. His roommate? James Barber, father of Tiki and Ronde Barber.
- The 1932 NFL Champion Chicago Bears did not score a single point until their fifth game.